Please postpone or cancel your Pacific Crest Trail plans due to COVID-19
On March 19, 2020, PCTA asked all those who are already on the trail—as well as those waiting to start—to cancel or postpone your journeys.
2020 Permit Announcements for COVID-19
March 20, 2020
Given the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, for the time being, per U.S. Forest Service direction:
- All canceled PCT long-distance permits, regardless of direction and starting location, will not be reissued for others to use.
- New or pending PCT long-distance permits requests are not being accepted or approved. See CDC and state guidelines for local travel on the PCT. Contact local U.S. Forest Service or National Park Service offices regarding local permits.
- There has been no decision made on whether to re-open the permit process later this year.
- There has been no decision made on transferring canceled permits from 2020 to 2021.
- We hope to announce when you can apply for 2021 permits sometime in August; this is tentative. We hope to address canceled 2020 permits at that time.